Thursday, November 24, 2011

THE INCREDIBLES

After watching “The Incredibles”, I determined that it had a classical paradigm narrative structure.  The film starts in the past, when the heroes were young and celebrated, from an omniscient point of view.  After a series of unfortunate events they have to go in to hiding and deal with normal life, acting as normal people, which sets the scene for the inevitable conflict to arise when they are discovered.  The protagonist, Mr. Incredible, wants to be “super” again.  As he attempts to do this, the suspense builds, centering around whether he will be caught by his wife and who is behind the whole ordeal.  There is a climactic buildup until the inevitable downfall of the antagonist in the final scene.  This is a great movie for the family action genre. The references to other films in this one also kept the adult audiences’ attention.  James Bond films seem to be the most referenced film in spy movies, but other films such as “Entrapment” and “Mission Impossible” are also referenced in this entertaining family movie.

3 comments:

  1. I am testing to see if I can post comments to your blog.

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a dynamic review. The hidden adult references make the movie enjoyable to all audiences. The animation films are normally directed at children,with little action scenes, but this film did a great job of dilvering both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have to agree the references to the James Bond films did very much catch my attention and even made me chuckle during the movie. That was the first time I ever saw this film and I was surprised that I picked up of some of the short references in this movie. I think you make some great points on how the film captured the life of the family.

    ReplyDelete